Instructor Lisa Lehar will get you ready for your French Wine Scholar credential in an engaging combination of on-line self-study and interactive classroom tasting and review! This “bricks and clicks” format is a comprehensive, cost- and time-efficient, user-friendly way to earn a post-nominal.
This specific course of study has been endorsed by FranceAgrimer (French National Wine Office), Diageo, Kobrand, Maisons, Marques & Domaines, Palm Bay International, Pasternak Wine Imports, Vineyard Brands, Wilson Daniels Ltd., Louis Latour, Inc., Vintage ’59 Imports, Robert Kacher Selections, Boisset Family Estates, and Moët Hennessy USA.
The study package includes:
- A welcome meeting to review the study program itself and its format
- The 250-page French Wine Scholar study manual
- One-year access to the Online French Wine Scholar study program with Q&A forum
- Two half-day, in-classroom review sessions with tutored tasting
- FWS exam
Tuition for the program is $595
- Welcome Meeting: August 29th- 1.5 hours, (Virtual)
Meet your instructor. Receive your manual, get login and password access to the online program. Review the French Wine Scholar program itself and receive tips on how to best study and prepare for the exam. Get acquainted with your fellow students! Form study groups!
- Self-Study Segment Part 1: Sept 2- Oct15th
To be covered: Alsace, Burgundy, Champagne, Loire and Beaujolais. Read the manual, study the e-learning modules, watch the videos, and test your knowledge via the online quizzes. Need support? Reach out to your instructor through the student forum or email him or her directly.
- Review & Tasting 1: Oct 17th, 4 hours, Saint Paul College
Come back to class for an instructor-led review of Alsace, Burgundy, Champagne and Loire! We will go over the most difficult aspects of each region, start to connect all the dots, and taste and comment on a slate of 12-15 wines from these regions.
- Self-Study Segment Part 2: Oct 15th- Nov 30th
To be covered: Rhône, Provence, Bordeaux, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence and Southwest France. Another 6 weeks of reading, e-learning modules, videos and interactive quizzes!
- Review & Tasting 2: Nov 21st, 4 hours, Saint Paul College
Back to the classroom for the final review and tasting session to get you prepped for the exam!
- FWS final exam: Dec 5th, 9:00 am, Location TBD
One hundred multiple-choice questions. Passing score is 75. Results are returned within 3 weeks.